02 Apr Full Compliance Procedures For Foreigners Who Are Working In Vietnam
Foreign employees in Vietnam may enjoy a lot of incentives regarding tax, visa and administrative procedures. However, the foreign employees shall be also complied with the local laws and regulations to avoid and prevent the risks in advance.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR FOREIGN EMPLOYEES IN VIETNAM
1 – VISA
Foreigner’s entry into Vietnam might have many different reasons whereby each purpose will be granted a corresponding type of visa. Here are some common visas:
- DN – This type of visa is applied for those who come to work with Vietnam – based Enterprise. The visa is valid for at most 12 months.
- DT – This type of visa is applied for investors and foreign lawyers working in Vietnam, the visa is valid for at most 5 years.
- LD – This type of visa is applied for foreign workers. The visa is valid for at most 2 years.
- LV – This type of visa is applied for those who work with Vietnamese authorities. The visa is valid for at most 12 months.
- NN – This type of visa is applied for the Chief Representative Office in Vietnam, Head of Project Office of foreign organizations. The visa is valid for at most 12 months.
- DL – This is the tourist visa. The visa is valid for at most 3 months.
- TT – This type of visa is applied for spouse or children under 18 years old of foreign citizens who are holding an LV1, LV2, DT, NN1, DH, PV1, LD, or foreign citizens whose the parents, spouse, or children are Vietnamese citizens. The visa is valid for at most 2 years.
The following situations exempt the foreigner from needing a visa:
- Vietnam allows Citizens of up to 24 countries to get Vietnam visa exemption in the conditional time, most of the countries are the members of ASEAN.
- Vietnamese residing overseas and foreigners who are spouses and children of Vietnamese residing holding foreign passport with Vietnam visa exemption paper. Each entry is allowed to stay for 6 months. The visa exemption is valid for at most 5 years and 6-months prior to the valid duration of the passport.
Note: The expatriates need to pay attention to their activities in Vietnam, they must be in line with entry purposes in the visa, avoid related risks that might happen. Depending on the purpose of entry and the applicant’s application, the validity of the visa might be different.
2 – WORK PERMIT (WP)
Why foreign employees must have a Work permit?
- Foreign employees shall present a work permit when carrying out immigration procedures and upon request of a competent state agency.
- Any foreign citizen working in Vietnam without work permit shall be expelled from Vietnam according to the Government’s regulations.
- Any firm employing foreign citizens without work permits shall be penalized in accordance with the law.
3 – TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD (TRC)
- Temporary residence card (TRC) is a multiple visa and has a continuous valid from 2 to 5 years. In the valid term, foreigners who have TRC will easily to entry into /exit from Vietnam multiply as needed, save much more time and cost than single visas.
- Besides, foreigners who were granted TRC could guarantee or apply for granting TRC with the same period for their family members.
- There are 02 types of TRC:
- Temporary residence card for foreigners who are working under a work permit.
- Temporary residence card for foreigners who are working as investors.
4 – PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD (PRC)
Permanent Resident Card is a document issued by the immigration management agency to a foreigner who is permitted to reside indefinitely in Vietnam. PRC has the same validity as visa.
The conditions and application documents for granting PRC are often complicated. It’s only applied for foreign scientists, foreign experts or guaranteed by their parents, spouses or children who are Vietnamese citizens permanently residing in Vietnam… and they must have legal accommodation and stable income to ensure the standard of living in Vietnam.
5 – OTHER COMPULSORY COMPLIANCE PROCEDURES
- Registration – Personal income tax declaration Procedure
- Personal Income Tax Finalization
- Declaration – Payable compulsory insurances
- Registration – Driver license conversion
Personal income tax is a very complex and important requirement for an expatriate in Vietnam. You may optimize the tax payable amount and avoid lots of risky things if this matter is managed properly the first time.
We can manage full of above compliance procedures or every single matter upon demand and be your representative to settle any requirements or questions from the competent state agencies.
There is a list of required compliance procedures for a foreign employee in Vietnam:
How to manage the employment of foreign employees in Vietnam, in a lawful and optimal manner, such as the labor contract – social insurance – personal income tax – work permit and temporary resident card? It will be very simple if you can choose and use the expertise person.
We can be your person in charge of taking care of all of the compliance procedures for an expat in Vietnam and you can be free from any queries or requirements from the local competent state agencies to focus on your most advantage business and expertise.
VIVA has been an in-depth consultant on business compliance procedures in Vietnam since 2006, based on our professional - integrated background in Business laws - Accounting and corporate finance - Tax management - Labor relation and payroll – Business administration procedures. VIVA offers exclusive services in an integrated tailor-made, consist of 5 specialized-expertise platforms and the inheritance experience up to hundreds of years for every job.
Our extensive expertise and management system that facilitates us to connect local resources and be ready to deliver exclusive solutions that exceed all standard limits and satisfy all expectations of our clients.